• Avoid overfertilizing, especially in late spring and summer for cool-season lawns and early spring and late fall for warm-season lawns.
• Lush growth is particularly susceptible.
• Water properly, wetting the entire root zone (6 to 8 inches deep) and allowing the turf to partially dry between irrigations (Summer Lawn Watering Guide
• Mow at the proper height and collect clippings to prevent spread.
• Aerate to improve drainage.
• Have soil tested—disease is more prevalent in soils below a pH of 6.